Opening hours and prices
Opening hours and prices
Museum opening hours
- Winter opening times: October to April, Tuesday to Saturday, 10am to 6pm; Sundays and public holidays, 10am to 3pm.
- Summer opening times: May to September, Tuesday to Saturday, 10am to 8pm; Sundays and public holidays, 10am to 3pm.
- Mondays closed, except public holidays. Monday public holidays 2017: April 2nd, May 21st and September 24th.
- Annual closing: January 1st, May 1st and December 25th.
- General admission: €12. It allows access to the building, to visit the permanent collection, the current temporary exhibitions and the Rooftop Viewpoint (valid for two days during a month from the purchasing date). See discounts and free admission in the tabs below.
- Basic ticket: €2. It allows access to the building and the following activities: exhibition Museum in Danger! Safeguarding the Catalan Artistic heritage (1936-1939) (27 February 2022) and self-guided tour of the building's spaces (material available throughout the year). Free admission for under 16s and over 65s, if you buy a general admission ticket.
- The colours of fire. Hamada - Artigas: €4. It allows access to the temporary exhibition. Free or reduced tickets that are not reflected in the online purchase process will not be applied.
Admission to the museum is free every Saturday from 3 pm, every first Sunday of the month and open doors days, but general admission must be reserved for better control of capacity.
The ticket offices close 30 minutes before the museum closes. The rooms are emptied 15 minutes before.
- Winter schedule (14 September - 30 June): Monday and Friday, from 9.30 am to 3 pm; from Tuesday to Thursday, from 9.30 am to 6 pm. Closed on Monday and Friday afternoon, Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.
- Summer schedule (1 July - 13 September): from Monday to Friday, from 9.30 am to 3 pm.
For more information: Library and archive
- Monday to Friday from 10 am to 6 pm.
- Saturdays from 10 am to 8 pm.
- Sundays from 10 am to 3 pm.
- Wednesday to Sunday, from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Other days and nights, only for groups with previous reservation at 93 289 06 79
Read more at: Òleum restaurant
From Tuesday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sundays of September 2021, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Winter opening times: October to April, Tuesday to Saturday, 10am to 6pm; Sundays and public holidays, 10am to 3pm
- Summer opening times: May to September, Tuesday to Saturday, from 10am to 20pm; Sundays and public holidays, 10am to 3pm
- Mondays closed, except public holidays
- Annual closing: January 1, May 1 and December 25
- Outdoor shop: open on Saturdays from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Sundays from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Indoor shop: open from Tuesday to Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday and public holidays, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Basic friend of the museum (annual fee from the date of purchase): €18 (unlimited access to the permanent collection and the temporary exhibitions)
- Under 16 years old
- Over 65 years old of the European Community
- Accredited teachers and groups of schoolchildren or students, accompanies by teachers or professors with prior booking
- Students accredited by the corresponding department carrying a research work and students of History of Art
- Members of the ICOM, of the Association of Museologists and of Art Critics
- Art gallery owners and licensed in Fine Arts
- Tourist guides
- People accompanying groups
- Duly accredited unemployed people
- Titleholders of accredited Cards for Disabled from the Generalitat de Catalunya
- Members of the Club Súper 3 and of the Association of Visual Artists
- Youths with the discount book of the Carnet Jove (Youth Card)
Saturdays, from 3pm onwards; the first Sunday of each month; 18 May, the International day of Museums; 11 September, the national day of Catalonia. Admission must be reserved for better control of capacity.
- Students, 30% discount
- Family (2 adults + 1 child) and titleholders of the large family card, 30% discount
- Groups of adults, 30% discount
- Groups of school children or students, accompanied by teachers or professors without prior booking, 30% discount
- Tourist Bus and Barcelona City Tour, 20% discount
- Members of the Club 3C, of the Cercle Artístic de Sant Lluc, of Òmnium Cultural, Modernist Route, of the RACC Master, 30% discount
- Youths with the Carnet Jove (Youth Card), 50% discount
- Special conditions for tour operators. For more information call (00 34) 93 622 03 75 or send an e-mail to [email protected]
- Articket BCN €35. This ticket offers the possibility of visiting the six Articket centres of Barcelona (Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya (MNAC), Fundació Joan Miró, Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA), Fundació Antoni Tàpies, Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB) and Museu Picasso) over a period of one year. Special conditions for tour operators (minimum 10 tickets).
- BCN Card. From €33.30. Free of charge and access to the most important museums of Barcelona, free transport and discounts to other museums and places of interest, visits, tours, leisure, shows, night venues, shops, restaurants, singular transport and other services.
Until further notice, these combined tickets will not be sold:
- Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya / Centre del Romànic de la Vall de Boí €15. The admission price includes the visit to the churches of Sant Climent de Taüll, Sant Joan de Boí and Santa Eulàlia d’Erill la Vall (including also Santa Maria de Taüll, whose admission is free) and the permanent exhibition of the Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (including the temporary exhibitions and the rooftop viewpoint). Admission valid for one year from purchase date.
- Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya / Poble Espanyol €20. The admission price includes the visit to the permanent exhibition and to the temporary exhibitions of the museum and the visit to the Poble Espanyol.