Paintings from Arlanza
Artists / Makers / Authorities:
First quarter of the 13th century
Purchased 1943; donated by Josep Gudiol, 1973
Decoration of a palace room which comprise, as well as the six pictorial fragments in the MNAC, another at the Harvard University Fogg Art Museum, two more in The Cloisters in Nova York and another in a private collection. They come from a room in the former Benedictine abbey of San Pedro de Arlanza (Burgos), located over the chapter house, on the ground floor of the Torre del Tesoro.
Fresco transferred to canvas