Saint Augustine washing the feet to Pilgrim Jesus
In 1463 the Guild of Tanners commissioned an altarpiece from Jaume Huguet for the high altar in the church of Sant Agustí Vell in Barcelona. The unusual size of the item, one of the largest in Catalan Gothic painting, and the crisis the country was going through at the time, delayed completion of the altarpiece until 1486 and warranted involvement by several members of the Huguet workshop, and in particular by a member of the Vergós family. Eight panels from this altarpiece are preserved, seven at the Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya and another at the Museu Marès.
182.5 x 169 x 7.5 cm