Pieces from the cloister of Sant Pere de les Puel·les
Sant Pere de les Puel·les was the most important feminine monastery of the medieval Barcelona. The monastic dependences, where from the exposed pieces come, were demolished in 1837. They are an example of a Romanesque sculpture of well-known simplicity, which it is find inside the plastic currents from Barcelona of ends of the 12th century. The museographic presentation in the shape of gallery claustral is an assembly of 1934 that uses numerous pieces proceeding from the remains of the original cloister, and that is completed with perceptible modern addition.
210 x 347 x 90 cm
Former collections of the Museu Provincial d'Antiguitats de Barcelona, 1879