Apostles from Sant Romà de les Bons
The Church of Sant Romà de les Bons was consecrated 23 January 1164. Around this date, we can establishe the chronology of its Romanesque wall paintings and, by extension, the datasets that are stylistically related: Sant Miquel d'Engolasters (which are also conserved in the Museu Nacional), Anyós and Santa Coloma from Andorra. This last is the most complex of all and which gives its name to an artistic personality homogeneous , which defines the Andorran group called Master of Santa Coloma. The Museu Nacional retains what has been preserved in the apostolate with the Virgin of the cylindrical wall of the apse and the bottom fragment of Christ in Majesty who presided over the vault of the apse. We can recognize Saint Peter with the keys, Mary with the chalice and Saint andrew with the cross, to the left of the central window, and Saint Paul and Saint James which endure rotulus veiled hands, to the right of the window. Some remains of decoration are preserved in the interior of the Church in the lower part of the altar that simulate a tissue.
171.4 x 350.5 x 3.5 cm
Donated by Lluís Plandiura, 1932