The Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya, as a public organisation, boosts the social and educational use so as to become a space of knowledge, debate, a social tie and one of participation, placing knowledge, the collection and the resources at the service of the public. The museum aims to show the Catalan artistic expression without chronological limits, and at the same time generate new knowledge, the result of the research and work with other institutions.
The programming of the museum, within its vocation to be a public service, is focused on opening up to new publics; boosting knowledge and research, and a greater national and international projection of the institution.
In March 2013, the governing organs of the Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya approved the document Strategy 2017 (pdf - 2,2 Mb), which defined the axes around which the strategy for the forthcoming years are based: social, collection, knowledge and research, national and international projection, and management.
- Social: A Museum for everyone
- Collection: The raison-d’être
- Knowledge and research: From expertise to dissemination
- National: A Museum for all
- International: The Museum in the world
- Management and organisation: An efficient and sustainable museum